-   -   looking up data in another worksheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/249450-looking-up-data-another-worksheet.html)

enyaw

looking up data in another worksheet

Is there any way to lookup values from another worksheet. The lookup array
is not sorted. I have tried offset and match but they did not work when the
other workbook is closed. Can anyone help?

Dave Peterson

looking up data in another worksheet

Debra Dalgleish has lots of notes:
http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html (for =vlookup())
and
http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions03.html (for =index(match()))
and
http://contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html#Trouble

--

Dave Peterson

Gord Dibben

looking up data in another worksheet

Many Excel functions do not work if the linked workbook is closed.

Open it.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP