Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
AJB AJB is offline

Default short cut for comment background

Adding pictures to the background of comments has particular utility to me.
Is there a shortcut besides adding a comment, right-clicking on the edge,
format the comment, select the colors and lines tab, choose the color
dropdown, select fill effects, choose the picture tab, and select picture.
By my best count, that is around 8 steps. I can't even train a monkey to do
that. Any ideas?

thanks,

Andy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
AJB AJB is offline

I actually found something close on contextures

http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#Picture

But I have no idea how to modify it to be able to grab jpg files off the
server.

"AJB" wrote:

Adding pictures to the background of comments has particular utility to me.
Is there a shortcut besides adding a comment, right-clicking on the edge,
format the comment, select the colors and lines tab, choose the color
dropdown, select fill effects, choose the picture tab, and select picture.
By my best count, that is around 8 steps. I can't even train a monkey to do
that. Any ideas?

thanks,

Andy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Have a browse at Debra Dalglesish's site.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlcomments03.html

Couple of routines for inserting pictures.

One from a file list and one from a selection.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 12:18:01 -0800, AJB
wrote:

Adding pictures to the background of comments has particular utility to me.
Is there a shortcut besides adding a comment, right-clicking on the edge,
format the comment, select the colors and lines tab, choose the color
dropdown, select fill effects, choose the picture tab, and select picture.
By my best count, that is around 8 steps. I can't even train a monkey to do
that. Any ideas?

thanks,

Andy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
AJB AJB is offline

Gord - the file insertion from a selection is very close to what I am looking
for. However, that macro inserts pictures that are already in the document.
I am having a difficult time getting pictures in, in order to run the macro.

thanks,

Andy

wrote:

Adding pictures to the background of comments has particular utility to me.
Is there a shortcut besides adding a comment, right-clicking on the edge,
format the comment, select the colors and lines tab, choose the color
dropdown, select fill effects, choose the picture tab, and select picture.
By my best count, that is around 8 steps. I can't even train a monkey to do
that. Any ideas?

thanks,

Andy

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
AJB AJB is offline

I have foolishly overlooked insert - picture in the main menu. Gosh. This
will make Debra's solution perfect.