Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Copy and paste slow

Hello.

When I copy or paste on Excel 2007, it takes about 10 seconds to process,
even though it copying or pasting one cell. All other Microsoft Office works
normally with copy and paste, so this only happens with Excel.

I have turned off the text to speech feature and still the copy and paste is
slow. Should I uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Office 2007?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try opening excel in safe mode:

Close excel
windows start button|run
excel /safe

And open your file to test.

If this removes the problem, then it may be a misbehaving macro. Close excel
and start doing some detective work...

Chip Pearson has some notes on how to diagnose startup errors:

And Jan Karel Pieterse has more notes:
http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/StartupProblems.asp

Essentially, you'll turn off all the addins/startup workbooks and then open
excel. And then turn on each addin (closing and reopening) one at a time to
find the culprit.

Another older problem (that my have been fixed????) was with google desktop
search. If you use that google application, you may want to turn it off to
test--or look for a newer version????

--

Dave Peterson