Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
plunk25

Default Excel copy/paste slow

All of my excel files lock up when I try to copy a range of cells. This
happens on all of my files on my machine only. I have run an Office Repair,
I've uninstalled and reinstalled and it is still happening.

This does not appear to be an issue with any other Office program.

Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Scott

Just as a test try copying and pasting "values only" from the paste special
option. This should normally work very quickly. If it doesn't then there
might be something wrong. if it does work fine, perhaps your problem is
because of some crazy formating. Another thing to check, besides the clip
board is the amount of memory that your file is eating up. try writing this
in an empty cell

=info("memused")
this will return a number in bytes, if you want megabytes just divide by
1024 twice (ie x/1024/1024). this should be a small number, unless there's a
lot of 'hidden' information on your spreadsheet (or you have a lot of
graphs/embedded queries). if it is to high I remember seeing a macro to
"delete unused" on this site. This might help by clearing up any information
that excel could be keeping on your sheet.

cheers