Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Copy sheet to different workbook sizing error message

When trying to create a copy of a worksheet and inserting into a different
workbook I receive this error message:
excell cannot insert the sheets into the destination workbook, because it
contains fewer rows and columns than the source workbook. Goes on to tell me
to C&P into other workbook which I don't want to do.
I am fairly certain there is a way to "delete" the empty rows/columns taking
up space and making workbook larger than necessary giving me the ability to
then insert it into the other workbook.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Save the source workbook with regular file extension, "xlsx", not the
extension used for larger file size.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Jvwulffen" wrote:

When trying to create a copy of a worksheet and inserting into a different
workbook I receive this error message:
excell cannot insert the sheets into the destination workbook, because it
contains fewer rows and columns than the source workbook. Goes on to tell me
to C&P into other workbook which I don't want to do.
I am fairly certain there is a way to "delete" the empty rows/columns taking
up space and making workbook larger than necessary giving me the ability to
then insert it into the other workbook.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Has nothing to do with deleting unused rows or columns.

You are trying to copy a sheet from a 2007 workbook into a 2003 workbook.

2007 has over a million rows and 16384 columns per sheet.

2003 has 65536 rows and 256 columns per sheet.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP