Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
brucearthurhall

Default copy sheet error message

I am trying to copy a sheet in a worksheet but keep getting message that the
name is already used as a formula or range. I cannot find this. And worse,
It puts me into a loop and I have to finaly shut the program down to get out
of it.

Please help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Kevin B

Do you have any custom formula's in a VBA module, which is where you would
find the function that has the intended name for your worksheet? Or perhaps
you've got a named range in the workbook that is the same as your intended
worksheet name.

To see a list of the all the named ranges, move the cell pointer to a blank
worksheet and click INSERT on the menu, select NAME, PASTE and then click the
PASTE LIST button to produce an list of all named ranges and their associated
addreses.

As for the VBA function, press Alt+F11 to open the VBA editor and review an
modules to see if there's a custom user-defined formula (UDF).
--
Kevin Backmann