Tat

Default copy formula referencing sheet name to another sheet

When I copy the formula below to several worksheets it copies the old sheet
name into the new sheets. I would like it to reference the sheet name that
the formula is copied into. Is this possible?

=IF('PT TEMPLATE'!A12<"",BE12,"0.00")
If a new sheet name is 'James' I would like the formula to be:
=IF('James'!A12<"",BE12,"0.00")
Dave Peterson

If this formula is on 'pt template' to begin with, you can remove the reference
to the worksheet.

=IF('PT TEMPLATE'!A12<"",BE12,"0.00")
should be
=IF(A12<"",BE12,"0.00")

Then when you copy the formula, it'll use the sheet that it's pasted to.

If the formula isn't on 'pt template', then excel sees that you're refering to a
different sheet and assumes you want to continue to use that sheet--I'm not sure
how it would ever guess to use the sheet that you just pasted to.

===
PS. I'd drop the quotes around "0.00".
=IF(A12<"",BE12,0)
And just format the cell to show two decimal places.

--

Dave Peterson