JohnT

Default How do you copy a formula without incrementing some constants?

I have a formula that I want to copy across different worksheets in a
workbook but it keeps incrementing values that need to remain constant.
The formula is as follows:
=VLOOKUP(A95,Items!A2:B500,2,FALSE)
And the part of the formula that I don't want to change is "A2:B500" (Items!
being alpha remains as does "2,FALSE")
I've tried using paste special but have not found the right combination. Is
there a wilcard character that can be used? I've seen the use of $ but am not
sure of the ramifications and where/when to use it.
Currently, I'm having to manually edit each formula but there's got to be a
better way!
Thanks in advance for any help you can offer,
-jt.

Ken Wright

=VLOOKUP(A95,Items!$A$2:$B$500,2,FALSE)

--