John

Default Copy a Formula down with a Twist Q

I would appreciate any heply in solving what seems a simple problem.

I wish to copy down a formula in Cell AA1, that contains a reference to B1
down to AA6, but instead of it showing B6 I want it to show B7.

I have an extended formula in AA1 but only the reference to B1 is the
critical part as I just want to simplify my post. I scanned the Groups for
an answer and I'm getting more confused. I've to copy this formula 400 times
so that why I don't want to do it manually!

Thanks

Frank Kabel

Hi
in what other cells do you want to copy it and how should the ell
reference change.
Also always better to post the actual formula!

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"John" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I would appreciate any heply in solving what seems a simple problem.

I wish to copy down a formula in Cell AA1, that contains a reference

to B1
down to AA6, but instead of it showing B6 I want it to show B7.

I have an extended formula in AA1 but only the reference to B1 is the
critical part as I just want to simplify my post. I scanned the

Groups for
an answer and I'm getting more confused. I've to copy this formula

400 times
so that why I don't want to do it manually!

Thanks

Dave R.

Have you looked at help under OFFSET?

It's not very clear from your post WHEN you want it to offset by one row
(from B6 to B7), e.g. only in the 6th row?

"John" wrote in message
I would appreciate any heply in solving what seems a simple problem.

I wish to copy down a formula in Cell AA1, that contains a reference to B1
down to AA6, but instead of it showing B6 I want it to show B7.

I have an extended formula in AA1 but only the reference to B1 is the
critical part as I just want to simplify my post. I scanned the Groups for
an answer and I'm getting more confused. I've to copy this formula 400

times
so that why I don't want to do it manually!

Thanks

John

Hi Frank

=INDEX(Master!$A$16:$C$43,MATCH(B9,Master!$A$16:$A $43,),MATCH("Subacc",Maste
r!$A$16:$C$16,))

This formula resides in AA9 and I wish to copy it exactly to AA15, except I
need B9 above to change to B10

I think in actual fact I got this formula from you about a year ago for
another spreadsheet

Rgds

"Frank Kabel" wrote in message
[...]

Frank Kabel

Hi
question is, as you said you want to copy it to more than 400 cells,
waht are the next cells. That is: What is the order for your copy
process

[...]

John

Basically Frank start point is in AA9 that is followed by simply formulas in
AA10-AA14 - there ok, I can manage them, then AA9 is repeated in AA15 -
except for that one reference i.e. it should be B10, then I have simply
formulas again in AA16-AA20, then AA21 will have the same formula as in AA9
except this time itwill be B11, this all continues in every 6th row
B12,B13,B14 etc

Thanks

[...]

Dave R.

One way, you can try replacing B9 with in that formula (in AA9) with

INDIRECT("B"&9+(ROW()-9)/6)

then copy it down. If you copy it to cells other than A15, A21, A27 (adding
6) it will return #REF.