Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel starts very slowly

Hi Everybody.

On a Windows XP computer with Office XP, I have this problem since a couple
of days.
When I launch Excel, it starts SOOOOOO slowly (between 1 and 2 minutes).
Once launched, no problem, I can open spreadsheets very quickly (2 sec).
It is the same thing if I try to open a spreadsheets when Excel is closed
befo need to wait about 1 to 2 minutes...
In fact, the problem seems really to be to launch Excel.

This problem happened after somebody sent me a xlsm file. I couldn't opent
it. But there's probably a link ?

I checked my macro: everything is disabled; and the problem is the same with
my AV disabled.

I really do not see.

Please, if you have any idea, don' hesitate.

Best regards,
Trévis