Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Why does Excel work slowly?

Hello,
Whenever I try to do almost anything in Excel, from cutting and pasting to
adding new rows, the program takes a long time (15-20 seconds) to respond.
I've tried looking up this issue on the forums, but I don't see any answers
that are on point.
Thank you for your help,
-Will
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Could be your TIF folder is very full.

Empty it and your WindowsTemp folder.

And have a look at Charles Williams' site for more on memory.

http://www.decisionmodels.com/memlimits.htm

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 7 Jul 2007 07:26:01 -0700, Will wrote:

Hello,
Whenever I try to do almost anything in Excel, from cutting and pasting to
adding new rows, the program takes a long time (15-20 seconds) to respond.
I've tried looking up this issue on the forums, but I don't see any answers
that are on point.
Thank you for your help,
-Will

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Still no luck. I emptied my temp. internet files folder and my WindowsTemp
folder, and while there was some performance increase, the program is still
very slow. I read the Charles Williams site, and it appears that I do have
enough ram and a large enough swap file. Any other ideas?

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Could be your TIF folder is very full.

Empty it and your WindowsTemp folder.

And have a look at Charles Williams' site for more on memory.

http://www.decisionmodels.com/memlimits.htm

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 7 Jul 2007 07:26:01 -0700, Will wrote:

Hello,
Whenever I try to do almost anything in Excel, from cutting and pasting to
adding new rows, the program takes a long time (15-20 seconds) to respond.
I've tried looking up this issue on the forums, but I don't see any answers
that are on point.
Thank you for your help,
-Will

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Gord Dibben" wrote:
Could be your TIF folder is very full.

Empty it and your WindowsTemp folder.

And have a look at Charles Williams' site for more on memory.

http://www.decisionmodels.com/memlimits.htm

Sat, 7 Jul 2007 11:54:00 -0700 from Will
:
Still no luck. I emptied my temp. internet files folder and my WindowsTemp
folder, and while there was some performance increase, the program is still
very slow. I read the Charles Williams site, and it appears that I do have
enough ram and a large enough swap file. Any other ideas?

Virus and spyware scanner up to date and running? Use Task Manager
(Ctrl-Shift-Esc) to check what other proceses are sucking up CPU
cycles.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/