Roger Denison

Default Excel responding slowly

I'm running Excel 2002 and whenever I enter data into a cell there is a
longer than normal delay before the next cell receives the focus. I also
find that the drag and fill takes a long time to complete. When I do a
Replace, it takes a long time to do, at least until it has replaced the
designated items on the part of the sheet that is visible. After that, the
rest of the replacements are quick.

This only started recently and I don't know what causes it. My PC is
running fine and the CPU is not abnormally tasked.

Any ideas?

Roger Denison

No calculations at all. Just entering text and numbers. The smart menus
come up ok (like after dragging, I can fill without formatting) but once I
select an option, it takes 2-3 seconds for it to execute.

I'll do a virus scan to see if that is the culprit.

Roger.

"Roger Denison" wrote:

I'm running Excel 2002 and whenever I enter data into a cell there is a
longer than normal delay before the next cell receives the focus. I also
find that the drag and fill takes a long time to complete. When I do a
Replace, it takes a long time to do, at least until it has replaced the
designated items on the part of the sheet that is visible. After that, the
rest of the replacements are quick.

This only started recently and I don't know what causes it. My PC is
running fine and the CPU is not abnormally tasked.

Any ideas?

Barb Reinhardt

I'm using the indirect.ext function (I think that's it) and it's accessing
files over the extremely slow network. I can see network activity when I
can't access EXCEL and when EXCEL is available, the network activity is
negligable. I'm guessing that's not your problem.