Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Changing the number of columns within existing column(s)

I know this can be done as I have done it before, but I can't remember how.
I have two columns and would like to enter some information below in four
columns. Without merging cells, there is a way that you can create a
"reference table/chart/selection???" outside of your print area that can then
be linked to the area you want. Upon completion, the linked information
would retain their oringal column widths and appear in your print area as
though two columns divided into four. I hope this makes sense and I am not
going crazy(ier)! Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use the Camera Tool to take a picture of the range that is outside the print
area.

Paste it below the two columns. Color the cells behind the picture to white
so gridlines don't show behind.

The cells in the picture will update as the range is updated.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP