Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default addition, subtraction in a single cell formula

I need help updating a single cell formula.

G4 has a formula of *=12500-A7

I would like to update this so that A7, A8, A9 are added together then
subtracted from 12500.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mePenny
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=12500-SUM(A7:A9)
OR
=12500 - A7 - A8 - A9
OR
12500 - (A7 + A8 + A9)
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme

"mePenny" wrote in message
I need help updating a single cell formula.

G4 has a formula of *=12500-A7

I would like to update this so that A7, A8, A9 are added together then
subtracted from 12500.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mePenny

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try

=12500-SUM(A7:A9)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"mePenny" wrote:

I need help updating a single cell formula.

G4 has a formula of *=12500-A7

I would like to update this so that A7, A8, A9 are added together then
subtracted from 12500.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mePenny

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Jacob, Thank you very much that did work!!

mePenny

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Try

=12500-SUM(A7:A9)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"mePenny" wrote:

I need help updating a single cell formula.

G4 has a formula of *=12500-A7

I would like to update this so that A7, A8, A9 are added together then
subtracted from 12500.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mePenny

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Bernard,

Thank you for all your help!! it works!~!!!

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

=12500-SUM(A7:A9)
OR
=12500 - A7 - A8 - A9