Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Al

Default Subtraction formula

I am new to Excell and need a simple formula to track Vacation days. If I
have Days taken in cell A1, how do I get cell B1 to show the number of use or
lose days left?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JASil

"Al" wrote:

I am new to Excell and need a simple formula to track Vacation days. If I
have Days taken in cell A1, how do I get cell B1 to show the number of use or
lose days left?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pinmaster

Hi, say you have 25 days of vacation available, then:

in B1
=25-A1

or

=D1-A1
where D1 has the total number of vacation days available.

HTH
JG

--
pinmaster
pinmaster's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6261

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DNA

There are a variety of way:

If the norm amount of vacation is say 14 days, then in B1 put:

=SUM(14-A1)

Can you be more specific?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DNA

Force of habit, you don't have to.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Stephen

"Al" wrote in message
I am new to Excell and need a simple formula to track Vacation days. If I
have Days taken in cell A1, how do I get cell B1 to show the number of use
or
lose days left?

When you have asked a question once, why not read the reply or replies
before posting again? I answered your original question at 14:32, yet you
repost at 15:10. If you need to follow up on replies, please keep to the
same thread.

Stephen