Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default number 12 digits to 15 digits

How can i use number more than 12 digit without rounding?I want to show for
examples exactly this number 1234567891234
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Just format the cell as Text and try to enter the value.

Select the range and do Right Click and select Format
CellsNumberCategoryText and give ok.

Otherwise before entering the value in a cell type ' and enter the numbers.

If this post helps, Click Yes!

--------------------
(Ms-Exl-Learner)
--------------------

"mehdy-e" wrote:

How can i use number more than 12 digit without rounding?I want to show for
examples exactly this number 1234567891234

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Format as number, (with zero decimal places, if that's what you want).
--
David Biddulph

"mehdy-e" wrote in message
How can i use number more than 12 digit without rounding?I want to show
for
examples exactly this number 1234567891234

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

So long as your number is 15 digits or less then there is no problem. format
the number using

Format | Cells... | Number

Additionally you need to make sure that the column width is large enough to
display the number.

If you go over 15 digits then there is no way to avoid rounding.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"mehdy-e" wrote:

How can i use number more than 12 digit without rounding?I want to show for
examples exactly this number 1234567891234

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You speak of 12 digits and 15 digits.

Your example has 13 digits.

What do you want to happen with your numbers?

Not clear from your description.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP