Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Top Percentage Problem

I have data with the fields: Student, Subject, Score.

I want to get lists of students something like the following:
Top 3% in any one subject.
Top 10% in at least two subjects.
Top 30% in at least three subjects.

Can anyone give me a pointer on how to approach this problem. I can use
Excel or Access including VBA but my preference is for a solution that's as
automated as possible so that I can get others to run it for me as and when
we get new data sets.

Thanks in advance for any help.

GB

PS I hope that there is no objection to me also posting this in an Access
group as, like I said, I can use either for the solution.