kyleuk via OfficeKB.com

Default Help Please with a percentage problem

Hi I have created a s/sheet for a fruit machine I have and would like to work
out the payout percentage:-

A2 = money in $100 and
A3 = money out $78

What formula would i use to state the payout percentage is 78%

Thanks
Domenic

Try...

=A3/A2

....and format the cell as 'Percentage'.

Hope this helps!

In article <56aa4ced9ce92@uwe, "kyleuk via OfficeKB.com" <u15338@uwe
wrote:

Hi I have created a s/sheet for a fruit machine I have and would like to work
out the payout percentage:-

A2 = money in $100 and
A3 = money out $78

What formula would i use to state the payout percentage is 78%

Thanks

Roger Govier

Hi

Either
=A3/A2*100
or
=A3/A2 and format cell as Percentage (click the "%" sign on the Format toolbar.

Regards

Roger Govier

kyleuk via OfficeKB.com wrote:
Hi I have created a s/sheet for a fruit machine I have and would like to work
out the payout percentage:-

A2 = money in $100 and
A3 = money out $78

What formula would i use to state the payout percentage is 78%

Thanks

kyleuk via OfficeKB.com

Thanks both Domenic & Roger its works great.

Roger Govier wrote:
Hi

Either
=A3/A2*100
or
=A3/A2 and format cell as Percentage (click the "%" sign on the Format toolbar.

Regards

Roger Govier

Hi I have created a s/sheet for a fruit machine I have and would like to work
out the payout percentage:-

[quoted text clipped - 5 lines]

Thanks