Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sheet Tabs

All of a sudden I have no right click on my sheet tabs. The sheet or even
the workbook is not protected in any way.
Normally you can right click on a sheet tab and either delete, rename, copy,
ect.
Now nothing. The tab is not grayed out and if you double click it you can
rename but that's it.
Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thanks In Advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Alt + F11 to open VBE

ViewImmediate Window

Paste in Application.CommandBars("Ply").Enabled = True

then hit Enter

The "all of sudden" part prolly came from some code you ran.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 2 Nov 2009 11:09:01 -0800, blanch2009
wrote:

All of a sudden I have no right click on my sheet tabs. The sheet or even
the workbook is not protected in any way.
Normally you can right click on a sheet tab and either delete, rename, copy,
ect.
Now nothing. The tab is not grayed out and if you double click it you can
rename but that's it.
Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thanks In Advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You look for some code that disables the "Ply" commandbar.

Are the command disabled for all workbooks you open or just a particular
workbook?

If all workbooks I suspect and Add-in........see below.

In VBE expand your workbook/project and Microsoft Excel Objects.

Double-click on Thisworkbook module.

Any code in there that runs when opening, saving or closing the workbook?

Like Private Sub Workbook_Open() or similar.

If nothing, look in a general module like Module1 for Auto_Open code.

One other point..............are the commands disabled for all sheets or
just any particular one?

If so, double-click on that sheet module and look for Sheet_Activate code.

Could also be caused by some Add-in you load.

Unload all add-ins and see what happens.

If all is OK, load them back one at a time until you find the culprit.

Gord