Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Automatic Calculation

I'm having a problem with automatic calculation. It is set correctly in
OPTIONS and I haven't opened a previous spreadsheet that was set to MANUAL
(as one of the posts suggested).

I have a spreadsheet that contains only formulas. The data is pulled into
this spreadsheet from another workbook by way of the formula, for example:

The formula spreadsheet is named QUM and the data spreadsheet is named QASC
P1. The cells in the QUM spreadsheet contain the formula below:

=IF('QASC P1!B5="",0,1) testing to see what is in cell B5 of the QASC P1
workbook.

The only way that I see the data is to edit the cell in QASC P1 the hit
RETURN. F9 doesn't work either. Help! Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am not sure what you mean by "The only way that I see the data "
Can you please elaborate?
What do you see in the QUM?

Also are you saying the data is in another WorkBOOK or just another
WorkSHEET
If the former, I would expect to see formula like =IF('[Data
Book.xls]Sheet1'!$B$5="",0,1)
with a reference to the workbooks and its worksheet.

Am I missing something?
I see you speak about RETURN not ENTER. Are you using a Mac?
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Gingerly" wrote in message
I'm having a problem with automatic calculation. It is set correctly in
OPTIONS and I haven't opened a previous spreadsheet that was set to MANUAL
(as one of the posts suggested).

I have a spreadsheet that contains only formulas. The data is pulled into
this spreadsheet from another workbook by way of the formula, for example:

The formula spreadsheet is named QUM and the data spreadsheet is named
QASC
P1. The cells in the QUM spreadsheet contain the formula below:

=IF('QASC P1!B5="",0,1) testing to see what is in cell B5 of the QASC P1
workbook.

The only way that I see the data is to edit the cell in QASC P1 the hit
RETURN. F9 doesn't work either. Help! Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do you have the other workbook open? If not, try going to Edit/Links to
refresh.

you may want to ensure you go to the Calculation tab again and ensure Update
remote references and save external link values are checked.

BTW, for future reference, pleasse respond to the original post if the
answer provided did not resovle your issue rather than creating a new post.