Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excell 2000 worksheet help

I am trying to re-create something I have seen in an excel worksheet. The
auther had a line beneath the header and to the right of one column. This
"line" allowed you to scroll through the info and still have the header and
column visible. Can I do this in Excel 2000? Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Oct 21, 8:58*am, ChristyG
wrote:
I am trying to re-create something I have seen in an excel worksheet. The
auther had a line beneath the header and to the right of one column. This
"line" allowed you to scroll through the info and still have the header and
column visible. Can I do this in Excel 2000? Thanks!

You should be able to. It has been around for a while.
Click onto the left hand top cell just under and to the right of the
lines you want to create.
select "Window" on the menu and select "freeze panes".
Done.
Greetings from NZ
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
the line is call freeze panes.
place the cursor at cell A2 then on the menu bar...
Windowfreeze panes.
everything from the cursor down will scroll while the headers stay frozen.
it's boolean. click again to unfreeze.
you can freeze columns also by placeing the cursor at B2 when you freeze
panes.
everything from the cursor down and to the left will freeze.

regards
FSt1