Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Question and Answer website for MS Excel - like StackOverflow

Hi all,

I am a business consultant and used Excel for years. For a long time I
have used resources like Google and newsgroups to help find answers
to my questions about Access, Excel, etc. My biggest frustration with
using these types of resources was that it is cumbersome to sift
through search engine results to find the answer I needed, and
newsgroup threads make it difficult to pick out the best answer among
all of the responses.

So, I started a new site that I hope will serve the MS Office
community by providing an inviting platform for asking and answering
questions about MS Access, Excel and other Office applications. The
site is called OfficeQuestions.com and is based on the successful Q&A
engine used at StackOverflow.com

I am looking for feedback and comments from the MS Excel community to
help make the site as helpful as possible. If you have a spare
moment, please stop by and let me know what you think.

Thanks

http://officequestions.com

OfficeQuestions
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Looks exactly like Stack Overflow, don't they take Excel questions
also? http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/excel

I was never a fan of free-form forums, you should have categories
people can post in (a la http://www.vbaexpress.com). That way you
don't have to sift through everything, which AFAIK is your major
complaint with other help forums.

Also, the Ayn Rand fetish hasn't gone unnoticed.

--JP

On Oct 15, 2:47*pm, kramer wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the Galt nod. :)

StackOverflow does take Excel "programming" questions, but they do not
welcome questions like "how do I fix this pivot table reference, or
where can i find a good template for..."

I am hoping to continue where SO drops off by providing the same
format for more mainstream (i.e. not programming) uses of office.

Thanks for looking

OfficeQuestions