Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Prevent worksheet selection

I have a workbook that contains 1 "master sheet" of Personnel data and 30
other sheets for individual line managers. The individual line manager
sheets contains a subset of this master data relevant to their teams only.
Is there anyway to only allow certain individuals to select their sheet? I
imagine a sort of Range Protection with permissions but at a worksheet level.

Failing this I guess I'll have to resort to hiding rows and columns and then
use worksheet protection to allow un-hiding with a password

Thank you all in advance
Andy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do you want each manager to gain access to ONLY his sheet? Maybe something
like this: Have a splash sheet with nothing on it except some instructions
to click on the button (a button will be there) to gain access. He does and
a dialog box will pop up asking for his password. He types it in and clicks
OK and his sheet appears. You could have a button on each manager sheet to
hide that sheet when he is through. Does this sound anything like what you
want? HTH Otto
"OxonLad" wrote in message
I have a workbook that contains 1 "master sheet" of Personnel data and 30
other sheets for individual line managers. The individual line manager
sheets contains a subset of this master data relevant to their teams only.
Is there anyway to only allow certain individuals to select their sheet?
imagine a sort of Range Protection with permissions but at a worksheet
level.

Failing this I guess I'll have to resort to hiding rows and columns and
then
use worksheet protection to allow un-hiding with a password

Thank you all in advance
Andy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Any solution that I would try would depend on macros and macros can be disabled.

If you have data that others shouldn't see, don't put it into excel. If you
have to use excel, then don't share it with others who can't be trusted.

Maybe it's time for separate workbooks per team???

ps. If you hide rows/columns and then protect the sheet, don't think your data
is hidden from view. Excel's worksheet protection is easily broken.

--

Dave Peterson