Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Allowing users to use filters and sort on protected pivot table

I'm wanting to distribute a pivot table, however want to lock/protect the
spreadsheet so that users can only manipulate the data I have originally
setup and not have access to the other data/field options.

When I lock the spreadsheet and select the option to allow users to use auto
filter and sort in the options, it doesn't get applied to the pivot table.
Also I have tried unlocking these cells with the filters but that doesn't
work either

Any ideas?