Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Charting: Multiple workbooks one chart

Yes it is possible using the xy (Scatter) plot Type. My guess is that you're
currently using a line or bar type. These types plot everything evenly spaced
- the xy plot allows you to plot vs. another data set.

"engineer3518" wrote:

I have workbook A and workbook B.

I want to create a chart in workbook A that plots column I data (y-axis)
verse column F (x-axis).

I then want to pull workbook B's column I data in to be plotted as an
additional series with reference to its workbook B column F data.

My question: Is is possible to have both workbook A and workbook B data
series plotted on one chart with reference to their own column F values?

Right now when I attempt this any additonal series is only plotted in
reference to the row number. I need each series plotted on the same chart in
reference to its corresponding column F data.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, Thanks.