Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Charting: Multiple workbooks one chart

Create a XY scatter chart using the data from workbook A. Then, using Ctrl to
select discontinuous ranges, highlight the F and I data from workbook B. Copy.

Select your chart, then go to Edit - Paste special. Paste a new series,
values in columns, and check the boxes for "series name in first row" and
"categories in first column".

You should now have both series on your chart, each using their own set of F
data.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"engineer3518" wrote:

I have workbook A and workbook B.

I want to create a chart in workbook A that plots column I data (y-axis)
verse column F (x-axis).

I then want to pull workbook B's column I data in to be plotted as an
additional series with reference to its workbook B column F data.

My question: Is is possible to have both workbook A and workbook B data
series plotted on one chart with reference to their own column F values?

Right now when I attempt this any additonal series is only plotted in
reference to the row number. I need each series plotted on the same chart in
reference to its corresponding column F data.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, Thanks.