Aurora

Default Chart not charting right

I am using Excel 2000
I have made many a chart and never have had this problem before. I hope
someone can help me.

I am charting our scrap $ as a % of our Sales. I have my table with all of
this calculated- by month for a 3 year period. My table is formated as %'s.
The % are correct. I created a simple line graph to show the %'s. The first
year graphs Ok. What I mean is that the Y axis has the % and the line points
line up with the Y axis fine. Example: 4.5% is between 0% and almost to the
5% line.

But the 2nd and 3 year do not graph correctly at all. Example: 1 month is
at 11.5% and on the graph it shows this point above the 20% line. I label
all of the points with the data to make sure that I had picked up the correct
numbers and they were all right but the line graph (for 2 years) is way off
as to where they should be on the graph.

I hope you can understand what I am trying to explain. Can anyone suggest
what I need to do to correct this? I even tried creating a new chart and it
came out the same way. HELP!!!!

Aurora
Jon Peltier

Aurora -

Did you accidentally select the stacked line chart type? This adds the
data for each category. On the chart menu, choose Chart Type, select
Line in the left list, then choose the regular line chart subtype, first
icon in the second row, on the right of the dialog.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Aurora wrote:

[...]

Aurora

Jon - You are wonderful. You were right - I had picked a stacked line chart.
I did not even know there was such a thing. The moment I changed the type
of chart it worked fine. I had 3 other people trying to help me yesterday -
people who use Excel a lot more than I do - and no one thought of that.
Thank you again!!!
I really appreciate your help.

Aurora