Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
kas kas is offline

Default applying date filter in MSQuery

Hi! Can someone help me apply a criteria to an MSQuery? I want to select
same dd/mm records but for any year and can't figure out which operator to
use and what to type in. Tried, for example, like and equals 13/10/????,
then tried begins with, but can't use that with a date.

Look forward to hearing from somene; thanks in anticipation.

Kas
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am not familiar with MSQuery so don't know if this will help but there are
a number of places where dates cannot be handled in dd/mm/yyyy format. Has to
be in mm/dd/yyyy format even though the regional date format is dd/mm/yyyy.
An example of this is recording VBA code to set Excel Autofilter. The
recorded code has it in dd/mm/yyyy format but the code will not run and
re-set the filter and has to be edited to change it to mm/dd/yyyy format.
However, having said that, I have found if the literal month is used then it
works. ie dd mmm yyyy.

OssieMac