Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Replacing cell numbers but leaving leading zero

I have a list of numbers that have a leading alphabetical character and then
1-3 zeros and then the rest of the numbers. I want to do a find and replace
to eliminate the leading alpabetical character, but keep all of the remaining
leading zeros. Even when I save the numbers as text, when I do the replace,
the leading zeros are gone. suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If it is just a single leading character then why not just use a formula like
this...

=MID(A2, 2, 256)
Where your text string is in A2.
--