-   -   Replacing cell numbers but leaving leading zero (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/245011-replacing-cell-numbers-but-leaving-leading-zero.html)

JSPaulk

Replacing cell numbers but leaving leading zero

I have a list of numbers that have a leading alphabetical character and then
1-3 zeros and then the rest of the numbers. I want to do a find and replace
to eliminate the leading alpabetical character, but keep all of the remaining
leading zeros. Even when I save the numbers as text, when I do the replace,
the leading zeros are gone. suggestions?

Jim Thomlinson

Replacing cell numbers but leaving leading zero

If it is just a single leading character then why not just use a formula like
this...

=MID(A2, 2, 256)
Where your text string is in A2.
--