Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Fill formula down for cells 74 rows apart

Hi
I have a workbook with 2 sheets. In sheet 1 cell A1 I have a formula
that reads =sheet2!B1.
In sheet1 cell A2 I have a formula that reads =sheet2!B75.

I would like to be able to fill the formula down in sheet1 so that it
references each cell 75 rows apart from column B in sheet2

Does anybody know how to do this easily, I have to copy the formula
from sheet1 down 500 rows

Thanks in advance
Reg
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Is this the sequence you expect:

B1
B75
B149
B223
B297
B371
etc
etc

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Reg" wrote in message
Hi
I have a workbook with 2 sheets. In sheet 1 cell A1 I have a formula
that reads =sheet2!B1.
In sheet1 cell A2 I have a formula that reads =sheet2!B75.

I would like to be able to fill the formula down in sheet1 so that it
references each cell 75 rows apart from column B in sheet2

Does anybody know how to do this easily, I have to copy the formula
from sheet1 down 500 rows

Thanks in advance
Reg

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Reg" wrote in message

Hi
I have a workbook with 2 sheets. In sheet 1 cell A1 I have a formula
that reads =sheet2!B1.
In sheet1 cell A2 I have a formula that reads =sheet2!B75.

I would like to be able to fill the formula down in sheet1 so that it
references each cell 75 rows apart from column B in sheet2

Does anybody know how to do this easily, I have to copy the formula
from sheet1 down 500 rows

Thanks in advance
Reg- Hide quoted text -

Biff
I need the values of that sequence of cells from sheet2 to fill cells
A1-A500 in sheet1

Thanks
Reg
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Enter this formula on Sheet1 A1 and copy down as needed:

=INDEX(Sheet2!B:B,ROWS(A$1:A1)*74-73)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP