Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Variable Combinations

Hi,
I have a set of engine run data for 4 engines. Different engines are on at
different times and I want to know a common value, say the blended oil temp
if they all share a common oil loop. I've figured there are 15 non repeating
combinations and for each combination there is a different oil temp. How
could I go about determining what my oil temp will be based on which engines
are on for the data given?

Thanks
--
S. Casey
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

So you have 4 motors. That gives you 15 combinations (assuming that at least
1 is running). The combinations a

1
12
123
1234
124
13
134
14
2
23
234
24
3
34
4

Assuming that you have tempratures for all of the different combinations
then it should just be a matter of assigning the temprature to the above
combinations. At that point a simple VLookup (or similar) will get you the
correct value.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson