Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Linking Formulae Across a Workbook

I have created a workbook in Excel 2003, there are lots of worksheets within
this workbook. Basically I am trying to monitor an accumulative balance. My
first worksheet splits down all entries for a particular project. Each
additional worksheet then splits these entries down per month (each of these
worksheets is linked to the first worksheet). I want a cell on each of the
additional worksheets to calculate the accumulative balance, which would be
the expenditure for that month + expenditure for all previous months e.g. my
spreadsheet for July would calculate April+May+June+July and so on. I tried
paste special (values+add), from one worksheet to the next but if I amend any
data in the first worksheet, the additional worksheets do not change, I have
to paste special again. I really really don't want to have to link all of
these sheets up manually, any suggestions????
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Take a look at using 3d references. Assuming your worksheets are physically
in chronological order, your June sheet could have a formula like:
=SUM('January:May'!A1)

Where A1 is the cell that contains that month's balance.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M