Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dam dam is offline

Default excell

need help incrementing a row of inventory numbers (that are preceded by a
letter)
formula to increment U0750 to U0751..to U0850.
also another column of alias for same unit AWWU U0750 to AWWU U0751..to
AWWU U0850.
seems like I did this once in past but have slept since then, thanks for any
help provided
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Simply enter , say, U0750, into a cell. Then grab the fill handle (the
little square dot at the bottom right corner of the cell) and drag it as far
as you want. The number part will increment. HTH Otto
"dam" wrote in message
need help incrementing a row of inventory numbers (that are preceded by a
letter)
formula to increment U0750 to U0751..to U0850.
also another column of alias for same unit AWWU U0750 to AWWU U0751..to
AWWU U0850.
seems like I did this once in past but have slept since then, thanks for
any
help provided

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Enter U0750 in a cell.

Right-click and drag down......release button and select "Fill Series"

Same for AWWU U0750

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 5 Oct 2009 14:11:02 -0700, dam
wrote:

need help incrementing a row of inventory numbers (that are preceded by a
letter)
formula to increment U0750 to U0751..to U0850.
also another column of alias for same unit AWWU U0750 to AWWU U0751..to
AWWU U0850.
seems like I did this once in past but have slept since then, thanks for any
help provided

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dam dam is offline

wow..now i really feel like a big dummy. I have spent a bit of time trying
to solve this. thanks for the help.
dam