Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ali Ali is offline

Default Macro

Hi, pls could some-one advise me on a book, web-site in order to learn how to
use Macro's, but as I have never used them before it really needs to be the
most basic step-by-step instructions. Everything I want to do in Excel seems
to need a Macro so I need to learn this!
Many thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Refer the below ..good for a start

http://www.excel-vba.com/

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Ali" wrote:

Hi, pls could some-one advise me on a book, web-site in order to learn how to
use Macro's, but as I have never used them before it really needs to be the
most basic step-by-step instructions. Everything I want to do in Excel seems
to need a Macro so I need to learn this!
Many thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Ali.

Please go to:-

http://www.pierrefondes.com/page2.htm

- where I recommend 2 books.

Both of these have sections on macros.

First book is not EXCEL 2007 compliant, 2nd one is.

I have read both books and, as long as you follow the instructions
carefully, are relatively easy to follow (written in non technical langauge).
Neither book is expensive.

Please hit Yes if my comments have helped.

Thanks!

"Ali" wrote:

Hi, pls could some-one advise me on a book, web-site in order to learn how to
use Macro's, but as I have never used them before it really needs to be the
most basic step-by-step instructions. Everything I want to do in Excel seems
to need a Macro so I need to learn this!
Many thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hopefully my own humble offerings may be of some assistance:

This page has links to some information regarding how to insert macros into
the proper places in workbooks, and it also has the link to to a tutorial I
prepared to try to help people create and use macros:
http://www.jlathamsite.com/LearningPage.htm

This link is on the previously mentioned page, but if you want to download
the tutorial directly (note that there are associated 'project' workbooks
that you can get to with links on the page listed above). The .pdf file also
contains a very comprehensive listing of a large number of Excel-related
websites.
http://www.jlathamsite.com/Teach/VBA...troduction.pdf