Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I insert and resize a column on only one worksheet page?

I have a 3-page workbook. On page 1, only, I need to insert a GST column. I
want the other 2 pages to remain in tact. I figured out how to insert the
column on page 1 only; but when I try to resize it, it resizes all the
columns on the other 2 pages also. I don't want them changed. What do I do?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Column widths and row heights are properties of the entire column or row.

How did you insert a column on page 1 only?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 15:53:02 -0700, gottaknow
wrote:

I have a 3-page workbook. On page 1, only, I need to insert a GST column. I
want the other 2 pages to remain in tact. I figured out how to insert the
column on page 1 only; but when I try to resize it, it resizes all the
columns on the other 2 pages also. I don't want them changed. What do I do?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What difference does that make to providing a solution? If you really need
to know what GST is, ask Google.

Regards,
Fred.

"Peggy Shepard" wrote in message
Hi gottaknow,

What is GST?

"gottaknow" wrote in message
I have a 3-page workbook. On page 1, only, I need to insert a GST column.
want the other 2 pages to remain in tact. I figured out how to insert the
column on page 1 only; but when I try to resize it, it resizes all the
columns on the other 2 pages also. I don't want them changed. What do I
do?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You cannot resize part of a column. The typical solution is to put your
"pages" on separate worksheets (the tabs at the bottom). Then each worksheet
can have its own column width.

Regards,
Fred.