Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How fill series containing one variable and one fixed value in XL

In a column of logical functions IF Cell a = Cell b is true, how do I fill
down the series if Cell a is the variable but Cell b remains constant. For
example Cell a would be the number of the row in a column and the entry
should equal Cell b to return a true answer. I keep getting the actual values
replicated but not the formulas. Thanks
--
nomad
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Look in Excel help for the difference between absolute and relative
addressing. If your formula is =A1=B$1, then when you copy it down the
column the next row's formula would be =A2=B$1. The preceding $ makes the
row 1 reference absolute.
--
David Biddulph