Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default percent of a fixed and variable number

here is my problem, I have three cells a1,b1,c1. a1: fixed, b1: variable, c1:
total of both as a %. I need to find the total precent the B1 maybe either
(+) or a (-) number. if over 100% to indicate it as "100%", if between 100%
and 0% to indicate it as is, and if under 0% to indicate it as a "0%". I am
not even sure if its possibe.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

wow, that is good, but missing what the actual % would be if between 100% and
0%. Sorry if i was not clear on that part. But I am so happy with this so
far. Thank you

"David Biddulph" wrote:

=median(0%,A1+B1,100%)
--
David Biddulph

"Lorne" wrote in message
here is my problem, I have three cells a1,b1,c1. a1: fixed, b1: variable,
c1:
total of both as a %. I need to find the total precent the B1 maybe
either
(+) or a (-) number. if over 100% to indicate it as "100%", if between
100%
and 0% to indicate it as is, and if under 0% to indicate it as a "0%". I
am
not even sure if its possibe.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I assumed from your question that you wanted A1+B1 if that is between 0% and
100%. If you want something else other than A1+B1, put that instead of
A1+B1 in the formula.
--
David Biddulph

"Lorne" wrote in message
wow, that is good, but missing what the actual % would be if between 100%
and
0%. Sorry if i was not clear on that part. But I am so happy with this
so
far. Thank you

"David Biddulph" wrote:

=median(0%,A1+B1,100%)
--
David Biddulph

"Lorne" wrote in message
here is my problem, I have three cells a1,b1,c1. a1: fixed, b1:
variable,
c1:
total of both as a %. I need to find the total precent the B1 maybe
either
(+) or a (-) number. if over 100% to indicate it as "100%", if between
100%
and 0% to indicate it as is, and if under 0% to indicate it as a "0%".
am
not even sure if its possibe.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

what i am looking for is if the difference between b1 and a1 is = or greater
then 100% to show in c1 "100%" or if the difference between b1 and a1 is = or
less then 0% show "0%" but if the difference between b1 and a1 is between 99%
and 1% to show the actual %age calculated. keeping in mind that b1 could be
greater <= a1 can even be a negitive which would I know show a 0%. Where ai
is what we need B1 is what we have and c1 is

QTY Needed QTY from Material % of TOTAL REQUIRED

"Lorne" wrote in message
wow, that is good, but missing what the actual % would be if between 100%
and
0%. Sorry if i was not clear on that part. But I am so happy with this
so
far. Thank you

"David Biddulph" wrote:

=median(0%,A1+B1,100%)
--
David Biddulph

"Lorne" wrote in message
here is my problem, I have three cells a1,b1,c1. a1: fixed, b1:
variable,
c1:
total of both as a %. I need to find the total precent the B1 maybe
either
(+) or a (-) number. if over 100% to indicate it as "100%", if between
100%
and 0% to indicate it as is, and if under 0% to indicate it as a "0%".
am
not even sure if its possibe.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Still very unclear from your description. Are you wanting the difference
between B1 and A1, as a percentage of B1?

If so, you want =median(0%,(A1-B1)/B1,100%) or =median(0%,A1/B1-1,100%).
In either case, format the result as percentage.
--
David Biddulph

"Lorne" wrote in message
wow, that is good, but missing what the actual % would be if between
100%
and
0%. Sorry if i was not clear on that part. But I am so happy with
this
so
far. Thank you

"David Biddulph" wrote:

=median(0%,A1+B1,100%)
--
David Biddulph

"Lorne" wrote in message
here is my problem, I have three cells a1,b1,c1. a1: fixed, b1:
variable,
c1:
total of both as a %. I need to find the total precent the B1 maybe
either
(+) or a (-) number. if over 100% to indicate it as "100%", if
between
100%
and 0% to indicate it as is, and if under 0% to indicate it as a
"0%".
am
not even sure if its possibe.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I got it to work what i had to do was make another column and hide it
unformatted. IT all goes like this;
A1: Fix numberor my {QTY Needed}
B1: Variable number {QTY from Material Tracker}
C1: =(B1-A1) {QTY remaining from Receiving}
D1: =B1/A1 {Hidden}
E1: =if(D1=1,"100%",if(D1<=0,0,D1)) {% of Total Required}

{Headings}. It might be dirty but it works. Thanks for your help.

"Lorne" wrote in message
wow, that is good, but missing what the actual % would be if between
100%
and
0%. Sorry if i was not clear on that part. But I am so happy with
this
so
far. Thank you

"David Biddulph" wrote:

=median(0%,A1+B1,100%)
--
David Biddulph

"Lorne" wrote in message
here is my problem, I have three cells a1,b1,c1. a1: fixed, b1:
variable,
c1:
total of both as a %. I need to find the total precent the B1 maybe
either
(+) or a (-) number. if over 100% to indicate it as "100%", if
between
100%
and 0% to indicate it as is, and if under 0% to indicate it as a
"0%".
am
not even sure if its possibe.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you wanted B1-A1 as a percentage of A1, why not
=median(0%,(B1-A1)/A1,100%) or =median(0%,B1/A1-1,100%)?
Why bother with 2 unnecessary extra columns?
--
David Biddulph

"Lorne" wrote in message
wow, that is good, but missing what the actual % would be if between
100%
and
0%. Sorry if i was not clear on that part. But I am so happy with
this
so
far. Thank you

"David Biddulph" wrote: