Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Remove Pivot Field

I have several pivot tables that I maintain, and have recently noticed a
minor problem with some of them. It would appear that somehow a couple of
the pivot fields have been duplicated and/or renamed. I can rename the
fields without any problems, but how do I delete the duplicated field? I
tried to do this programmatically, but kept running into a 1004 error, and I
didn't see anything in the UI to remove a field. How does someone create a
copy, and then there isn't any way to remove that erroneous field from the
pivot field list??

TIA,
Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It appears that that option isn't available in the version of Excel I'm
using. I have both 2007 and 2010 installed. When I right click within the
table, I have some formatting options, remove the item from the pivot table,
pivot table options, refresh, sort, show details, etc, but nothing about the
pivot table wizard. There is also nothing on the Design ribbon for the pivot
table about launching the wizard.

"Christopher Robin" wrote:

I have several pivot tables that I maintain, and have recently noticed a
minor problem with some of them. It would appear that somehow a couple of
the pivot fields have been duplicated and/or renamed. I can rename the
fields without any problems, but how do I delete the duplicated field? I
tried to do this programmatically, but kept running into a 1004 error, and I
didn't see anything in the UI to remove a field. How does someone create a
copy, and then there isn't any way to remove that erroneous field from the
pivot field list??

TIA,
Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry.. I've got 2003. But thsi page should give you all the steps you'd
need...

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ex...emove%20fields