Birger

Default Short Cut for File

I want to use ALT F for opening the File menu in Excel. This short cut has
stopped working in my Excel. When I press ALT + F the file butten lights up,
but the menu does not come out. I have to press Enter to make the menu
appear.
How do I restore ALT F?
And what is this kind of Key board?
--
BLN
Dave Peterson

If you hit alt-f twice, does another icon "light up"?

My bet is you have (at least) two icons with that shortcut. Since excel can't
know which one you want, it just jumps between them.

If you hit alt-f (and have it jump off the File menu), hit enter and you'll see
the other icon expand/start up.

Hitting enter with the file menu "lit up", should expand that menu, too.