Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Link Text Boxes on Form?

Hi all,

I have create a multi-sheet workbook that contains a variety of related forms.

I would like the content of a text box entered on one sheet to automatically
populate a text box on another sheet.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you're using the same cell value/text to those text box then I would
suggest to Name that cell. Next is assign that Name as the value of the text
box. Simple text box or found on the Control Form menu, both can be assigned
value linked to a cell.

Joyce wrote:
Hi all,

I have create a multi-sheet workbook that contains a variety of related forms.

I would like the content of a text box entered on one sheet to automatically
populate a text box on another sheet.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you for your response.

I actually did know that I can do that, but these are structured forms that
users fill in, and we want them to fill in a variety of text boxes, select
radio buttons and check boxes, etc.

In this way, they would have to type the information in the cell for it to
appear in the text boxes. We really wanted them to type in one text box and
automatically have a text box on another page populate with the same data.

I am guessing this cannot be done?

Thanks again.

Joyce wrote:
Hi all,

I have create a multi-sheet workbook that contains a variety of related forms.

I would like the content of a text box entered on one sheet to automatically
populate a text box on another sheet.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It can be done... However, I'm not yet equipped with VBA programming.

Sorry...

Joyce wrote:
Thank you for your response.

I actually did know that I can do that, but these are structured forms that
users fill in, and we want them to fill in a variety of text boxes, select
radio buttons and check boxes, etc.

In this way, they would have to type the information in the cell for it to
appear in the text boxes. We really wanted them to type in one text box and
automatically have a text box on another page populate with the same data.

I am guessing this cannot be done?

Thanks again.

If you're using the same cell value/text to those text box then I would
suggest to Name that cell. Next is assign that Name as the value of the text

[quoted text clipped - 10 lines]
Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No problem. I appreciate your reponses.

I think I can link and then disable the 2nd text box. However, when this
happens, it becomes gray and not very readable.

Would you know how to make the text of a disabled text frame remain black?

Joyce wrote:
Thank you for your response.

I actually did know that I can do that, but these are structured forms that
users fill in, and we want them to fill in a variety of text boxes, select
radio buttons and check boxes, etc.

In this way, they would have to type the information in the cell for it to
appear in the text boxes. We really wanted them to type in one text box and
automatically have a text box on another page populate with the same data.

I am guessing this cannot be done?

Thanks again.

If you're using the same cell value/text to those text box then I would
suggest to Name that cell. Next is assign that Name as the value of the text

[quoted text clipped - 10 lines]
Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Check your other post ...Using code ..Suppose you have textbox1 in both
Sheet1 and sheet2. In Design mode double click Sheet1 which will open up the
code window for Textbox1 . Paste the below code (which is the change event)

Any changes made to Sheet1 textbox1 will be reflected in Sheet2 textbox 1.
You can replicate the same for sheet2 textbox change event if you need.....

Private Sub TextBox1_Change()
Sheets("sHEET2").TextBox1.Text = TextBox1.Text
End Sub

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria