Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MFS MFS is offline

Default Gap or something I cannot understand

Hi,

May be this is a gap or it is something I cannot understand.

Every day I copy some data from a system to Excel (copy/paste method).
Normally every line in the system will be completely pasted in the first
columns cell (A).

After that I use Text to Columns and everything is fine, the problem starts
after using Text to Columns. When I copy new data, it does not be pasted in
the first columns cell (A) €śas usual€ť, but the data jumps from the first
column to the others.

The only way I know to resolve this problem, is by closing all Excel
applications and reopen a new one.

Please help me on this.

--
MFS22
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel likes to help.

And sometimes (when the new data to be parsed is laid out just like the text to
columns you just used), it's very helpful.

Other times, it's just annoying.

You can close excel (yechh!)

Or you can do a dummy text to columns.

Find an empty cell
Put some junk in it (like: asdf)
Then do data|text to columns
Chose delimited by
But uncheck all the options
finish up the wizard
Clear that cell.

And then do your copy|paste

ps.

If your data is all the same, it may be helpful.

Or just do all the copy|pastes, then do a single text to columns????

MFS wrote:

Hi,

May be this is a gap or it is something I cannot understand.

Every day I copy some data from a system to Excel (copy/paste method).
Normally every line in the system will be completely pasted in the first
columns cell (A).

After that I use Text to Columns and everything is fine, the problem starts
after using Text to Columns. When I copy new data, it does not be pasted in
the first columns cell (A) €śas usual€ť, but the data jumps from the first
column to the others.

The only way I know to resolve this problem, is by closing all Excel
applications and reopen a new one.

Please help me on this.

--
MFS22