Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default I NEED HELP TO UNDERSTAND THIS MACRO!!!

Hi a former coworker create a macro we are trying to find out what it does.
Specially this: Operation:=xlNone... does someone knows what "xlnone" and
"xladd" are for?
Thank you!
Here is part of the macro:

'Iteration
'Range("w99").GoalSeek Goal:=Range("u57"), ChangingCell:=Range("u54")

'Copy loan Pricing
Application.Goto Reference:="Purchase_Price"
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Selection.Copy
Sheets("Loan Data").Select
Range(beginaddrs).Offset(0, -1).Select
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:= _
False, Transpose:=False

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

When using paste special you have the option to do operations on the data
(add, subtract, multiply or divide) Operation:=xlNone tells excel to simply
paste and do none of these.

So the paste special stateent tells Excell to paste the values (xlValues)
and not formula, carry out no operations (xlNone), don't skip blanks and
don;t transpose the data.

Does that help?

Mike

"HERNAN" wrote:

Hi a former coworker create a macro we are trying to find out what it does.
Specially this: Operation:=xlNone... does someone knows what "xlnone" and
"xladd" are for?
Thank you!
Here is part of the macro:

'Iteration
'Range("w99").GoalSeek Goal:=Range("u57"), ChangingCell:=Range("u54")

'Copy loan Pricing
Application.Goto Reference:="Purchase_Price"
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Selection.Copy
Sheets("Loan Data").Select
Range(beginaddrs).Offset(0, -1).Select
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:= _
False, Transpose:=False

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

It is pasting the values only from Purchase_Price to the location on
Loan Data sheet, and xlNone is specifying not carrying out any operation
upon the data i.e. the data would replace what is in the cells.

xladd would add the values to the values already present in the
receiving cells.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"HERNAN" wrote in message
Hi a former coworker create a macro we are trying to find out what it
does.
Specially this: Operation:=xlNone... does someone knows what "xlnone"
and
"xladd" are for?
Thank you!
Here is part of the macro:

'Iteration
'Range("w99").GoalSeek Goal:=Range("u57"), ChangingCell:=Range("u54")

'Copy loan Pricing
Application.Goto Reference:="Purchase_Price"
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Selection.Copy
Sheets("Loan Data").Select
Range(beginaddrs).Offset(0, -1).Select
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone,
SkipBlanks:= _
False, Transpose:=False

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Mike, thank you for your last response, do you know what this is for too? (is
the last one I swear)

Do While ActiveCell.Value< ""
beginaddrs=ActiveCell.Address
endaddrs=ActiveCell.offset(0,35).Address
Application.ScreenUpdating=True

Thank you.

"HERNAN" wrote:

Hi a former coworker create a macro we are trying to find out what it does.
Specially this: Operation:=xlNone... does someone knows what "xlnone" and
"xladd" are for?
Thank you!
Here is part of the macro:

'Iteration
'Range("w99").GoalSeek Goal:=Range("u57"), ChangingCell:=Range("u54")

'Copy loan Pricing
Application.Goto Reference:="Purchase_Price"
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Selection.Copy
Sheets("Loan Data").Select
Range(beginaddrs).Offset(0, -1).Select
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:= _
False, Transpose:=False

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hernan,

It's a do loop looking at all the cells from the active cell (the selected
cell) to a cell 35 cells to the right (offset(0,35)

As soon as it finds an empty cell (do while activecell.value<"" the loop
ends so it may not even look at all 35 cells. The end of the do loop is
missing so I can't tell what it actually does with the values it finds.
Application.ScreenUpdating=True tells excel it can update the screen.

Mike

"HERNAN" wrote:

Hi a former coworker create a macro we are trying to find out what it does.
Specially this: Operation:=xlNone... does someone knows what "xlnone" and
"xladd" are for?
Thank you!
Here is part of the macro:

'Iteration
'Range("w99").GoalSeek Goal:=Range("u57"), ChangingCell:=Range("u54")

'Copy loan Pricing
Application.Goto Reference:="Purchase_Price"
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Selection.Copy
Sheets("Loan Data").Select
Range(beginaddrs).Offset(0, -1).Select
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:= _
False, Transpose:=False

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Mike,
I'm not sure about that loop - I read it as obtaining the activecell address
and the address of cell 35 columns to the right of it and then turning
screenupdating on - but what it is doing with the beginaddrs and endaddrs is
kind of an unknown. We really don't know what's being done with the two
addresses - it may be picking them up, creating a range with them and doing a
copy, or a paste or delete or whatever? Or am I missing something here?
HERNAN asked this question separately in another post and that was my basic
response to him - without seeing the rest of the Do While loop, we really
don't know what happens after the addresses are retrieved.

"HERNAN" wrote:

Hi a former coworker create a macro we are trying to find out what it does.
Specially this: Operation:=xlNone... does someone knows what "xlnone" and
"xladd" are for?
Thank you!
Here is part of the macro:

'Iteration
'Range("w99").GoalSeek Goal:=Range("u57"), ChangingCell:=Range("u54")

'Copy loan Pricing
Application.Goto Reference:="Purchase_Price"
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Selection.Copy
Sheets("Loan Data").Select
Range(beginaddrs).Offset(0, -1).Select
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:= _
False, Transpose:=False

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I agree about the Loop statement being there somewhere. What I was pointing
out is that we really don't know what the beginaddr and endaddr are being
used for later on within the loop. To be truthful, at this point, your
interpretation is as valid as any other at this point.