Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default I NEED HELP TO UNDERSTAND THIS MACRO!!!

Hernan,

It's a do loop looking at all the cells from the active cell (the selected
cell) to a cell 35 cells to the right (offset(0,35)

As soon as it finds an empty cell (do while activecell.value<"" the loop
ends so it may not even look at all 35 cells. The end of the do loop is
missing so I can't tell what it actually does with the values it finds.
Application.ScreenUpdating=True tells excel it can update the screen.

Mike

"HERNAN" wrote:

Mike, thank you for your last response, do you know what this is for too? (is
the last one I swear)

Do While ActiveCell.Value< ""
beginaddrs=ActiveCell.Address
endaddrs=ActiveCell.offset(0,35).Address
Application.ScreenUpdating=True

Thank you.

"Mike H" wrote:

When using paste special you have the option to do operations on the data
(add, subtract, multiply or divide) Operation:=xlNone tells excel to simply
paste and do none of these.

So the paste special stateent tells Excell to paste the values (xlValues)
and not formula, carry out no operations (xlNone), don't skip blanks and
don;t transpose the data.

Does that help?

Mike

"HERNAN" wrote:

Hi a former coworker create a macro we are trying to find out what it does.
Specially this: Operation:=xlNone... does someone knows what "xlnone" and
"xladd" are for?
Thank you!
Here is part of the macro:

'Iteration
'Range("w99").GoalSeek Goal:=Range("u57"), ChangingCell:=Range("u54")

'Copy loan Pricing
Application.Goto Reference:="Purchase_Price"
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Selection.Copy
Sheets("Loan Data").Select
Range(beginaddrs).Offset(0, -1).Select
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:= _
False, Transpose:=False