MarthaSue

Default Formattting Fractions

Is there anyway to format a fraction so that the whole number stays regular
size and the actual fraction formats so that they is one number on top of the
other (like in Word). Write now my fraction looks like this in the cell, 2
7/8. I would like the 7/8 to be smaller and more vertical. Does anybody
know how to do this? Any help would be appreciated.
Carole O

In 2003, Format, Symbol, and pick the fraction you want. You can also press
alt-key and 0189 which will result in 1/2. Play around with the numbers -
Alt-key and 0190 = 3/4.

Hope this helps,

Carole O

"MarthaSue" wrote:

Is there anyway to format a fraction so that the whole number stays regular
size and the actual fraction formats so that they is one number on top of the
other (like in Word). Write now my fraction looks like this in the cell, 2
7/8. I would like the 7/8 to be smaller and more vertical. Does anybody
know how to do this? Any help would be appreciated.

Annie

MarthaSue:
You should be able to format the font as superscript for the fraction part
of the number, but it did not work for me Excel 2003.
A possible solution (again v. 2003) is to place the 2 in one cell and the
..0875 in next cell to the right. Format the decimal by choosing Format from
the menu, then choose Cells, click the Number tab, click Fraction, then
choose choose the Font tab, and place a checkmark in the box next to
Superscript, then choose OK. Right align the whole number cell; left align
the fraction cell.

Perhaps someone has an easier way?
Cheers, Annie