Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Still can't open excel 2007 with office 2003

I am the administrator, have dowloaded elviewer, compatability packs (e.g.
2007 service pack 2) and file format converter. I still can't open xlsx
files. they are just junk. Any other advice?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Refer the below link

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"richor" wrote:

I am the administrator, have dowloaded elviewer, compatability packs (e.g.
2007 service pack 2) and file format converter. I still can't open xlsx
files. they are just junk. Any other advice?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If that doesn't help you may have a corrupted file. Send to my addy below
and I'll take a look.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Jacob Skaria" wrote in message
Refer the below link

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"richor" wrote:

I am the administrator, have dowloaded elviewer, compatability packs
(e.g.
2007 service pack 2) and file format converter. I still can't open xlsx
files. they are just junk. Any other advice?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I opened both files in xl2007 and in xl2003 with no problems

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"richor" wrote in message
Thanks Don - will do, from

"richor" wrote:

I am the administrator, have dowloaded elviewer, compatability packs
(e.g.
2007 service pack 2) and file format converter. I still can't open
xlsx
files. they are just junk. Any other advice?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Have you followed all of the instructions in...
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/924074
"How to open and save Word 2007, Excel 2007, and PowerPoint 2007 files in earlier versions of Office programs"
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"richor"
wrote in message
I am the administrator, have dowloaded elviewer, compatability packs (e.g.
2007 service pack 2) and file format converter. I still can't open xlsx
files. they are just junk. Any other advice?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you have Excel 2003 and download the Microsoft Compatability Pack to open
a Excel 2007 file, will you be able to see any data beyond the 65??? rows
that were limited in previous versions of excel

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Refer the below link

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"richor" wrote:

I am the administrator, have dowloaded elviewer, compatability packs (e.g.
2007 service pack 2) and file format converter. I still can't open xlsx
files. they are just junk. Any other advice?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You will see only 65536 rows in 2003.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 08:16:17 -0700, Armando
wrote:

If you have Excel 2003 and download the Microsoft Compatability Pack to open
a Excel 2007 file, will you be able to see any data beyond the 65??? rows
that were limited in previous versions of excel

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Refer the below link

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria