Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MFS MFS is offline

Default Reducing the size.

I am using a file contains about 10 sheets, each sheet contain 5,000 cell,
each cell contain a function or a formula.

Whenever I open the file it takes long time, also when I close it.

Is there any way I can use to reduce this time, like removing column and
rows that I do not need, or anything else??

--
MFS22
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

As a guess you file ahs been bloated with unused cells. Follow the directions
here to clean the file up...

http://www.contextures.com/gluten.html
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"MFS" wrote:

I am using a file contains about 10 sheets, each sheet contain 5,000 cell,
each cell contain a function or a formula.

Whenever I open the file it takes long time, also when I close it.

Is there any way I can use to reduce this time, like removing column and
rows that I do not need, or anything else??

--
MFS22

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry wrong link... However if you are Gluten intollerant it is handy...
Try this one...

HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"MFS" wrote:

I am using a file contains about 10 sheets, each sheet contain 5,000 cell,
each cell contain a function or a formula.

Whenever I open the file it takes long time, also when I close it.

Is there any way I can use to reduce this time, like removing column and
rows that I do not need, or anything else??

--
MFS22

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Or
http://contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused

(Unless glutens do cause bloating <vbg.)

"MFS" wrote:

I am using a file contains about 10 sheets, each sheet contain 5,000 cell,
each cell contain a function or a formula.

Whenever I open the file it takes long time, also when I close it.

Is there any way I can use to reduce this time, like removing column and
rows that I do not need, or anything else??

--
MFS22

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Jim! You never know how that gluten information might help,
although I haven't tested it with Excel files. <g

Jim Thomlinson wrote:
Sorry wrong link... However if you are Gluten intollerant it is handy...
Try this one...

Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
www.contextures.com/tiptech.html