-   -   Reducing the size. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/240400-reducing-size.html)

MFS

Reducing the size.

I am using a file contains about 10 sheets, each sheet contain 5,000 cell,
each cell contain a function or a formula.

Whenever I open the file it takes long time, also when I close it.

Is there any way I can use to reduce this time, like removing column and
rows that I do not need, or anything else??

--
MFS22

Jim Thomlinson

Reducing the size.

As a guess you file ahs been bloated with unused cells. Follow the directions
here to clean the file up...

http://www.contextures.com/gluten.html
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"MFS" wrote:

I am using a file contains about 10 sheets, each sheet contain 5,000 cell,
each cell contain a function or a formula.

Whenever I open the file it takes long time, also when I close it.

Is there any way I can use to reduce this time, like removing column and
rows that I do not need, or anything else??

--
MFS22

Jim Thomlinson

Reducing the size.

Sorry wrong link... However if you are Gluten intollerant it is handy...
Try this one...

HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"MFS" wrote:

I am using a file contains about 10 sheets, each sheet contain 5,000 cell,
each cell contain a function or a formula.

Whenever I open the file it takes long time, also when I close it.

Is there any way I can use to reduce this time, like removing column and
rows that I do not need, or anything else??

--
MFS22

Dave Peterson

Reducing the size.

Or
http://contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused

(Unless glutens do cause bloating <vbg.)

"MFS" wrote:

I am using a file contains about 10 sheets, each sheet contain 5,000 cell,
each cell contain a function or a formula.

Whenever I open the file it takes long time, also when I close it.

Is there any way I can use to reduce this time, like removing column and
rows that I do not need, or anything else??

--
MFS22

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

Reducing the size.

Oops. I should have scrolled down a bit. I didn't see your correction post.

"MFS" wrote:

I am using a file contains about 10 sheets, each sheet contain 5,000 cell,
each cell contain a function or a formula.

Whenever I open the file it takes long time, also when I close it.

Is there any way I can use to reduce this time, like removing column and
rows that I do not need, or anything else??

--
MFS22

--

Dave Peterson

Debra Dalgleish

Reducing the size.

Thanks Jim! You never know how that gluten information might help,
although I haven't tested it with Excel files. <g

Jim Thomlinson wrote:
Sorry wrong link... However if you are Gluten intollerant it is handy...
Try this one...

Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
www.contextures.com/tiptech.html