Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Creating a bar chart that also contains two lines

I have been set a mission to create a bar chart, that also has a trendline
and cumulative line. How do I do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assuming you have your data in two columns along with your data set type
(Say, dates), you highlight yoru table, go to Charts, Customer Types, Line -
Column.

Once it's built, right-click on a column and select Add Trendline... and
pick your desired type.

Voila!

BTW, not sure about the screen name... Like somethign out of a chat room. :-P

"Frustratedfemale26" wrote:

I have been set a mission to create a bar chart, that also has a trendline
and cumulative line. How do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sean,

I initially thought of this too, but OP did specifically call for a bar
chart. If this is fleixible and column can be used great. If not:

A "bar" chart places labels on y-axis, while a line chart places labels on
x-axis. While it would seem one should be able to place both on the y-axis,
XL won't allow this. It insists on keeping the line and bars on seperate
axes, thus distorting the chart.

While I've been working on possible work arounds, I'm afraid I haven't found
anything yet. =(

BTW, I'm pretty sure my XL only lets me pick "Chart Types" not "Customer
Types" although that would be nice some days...
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Frustratedfemale26" wrote:

I have been set a mission to create a bar chart, that also has a trendline
and cumulative line. How do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Jon Peltier has come up with an excellent step-by-step tutorial on creating a
combination bar-line chart:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BarLineCombo.html

The only other trick to keep in mind is that you will need to use formulas
prb to create the data for the cumulative series and goal line (as mentioned
in your post in the charts forum). If you do want a trendline, you can simply
right-click on a series and then "add trendline".
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Frustratedfemale26" wrote:

I have been set a mission to create a bar chart, that also has a trendline
and cumulative line. How do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

woooww. I need to stop working and helping at the same time. :-) Tis actually
Custom Types....

Bar, chart, bah!

I see you found something, so thank you for catching all of that!