Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Luke M Luke M is offline

Default Creating a bar chart that also contains two lines

Sean,

I initially thought of this too, but OP did specifically call for a bar
chart. If this is fleixible and column can be used great. If not:

A "bar" chart places labels on y-axis, while a line chart places labels on
x-axis. While it would seem one should be able to place both on the y-axis,
XL won't allow this. It insists on keeping the line and bars on seperate
axes, thus distorting the chart.

While I've been working on possible work arounds, I'm afraid I haven't found
anything yet. =(

BTW, I'm pretty sure my XL only lets me pick "Chart Types" not "Customer
Types" although that would be nice some days...
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Sean Timmons" wrote:

Assuming you have your data in two columns along with your data set type
(Say, dates), you highlight yoru table, go to Charts, Customer Types, Line -
Column.

Once it's built, right-click on a column and select Add Trendline... and
pick your desired type.

Voila!

BTW, not sure about the screen name... Like somethign out of a chat room. :-P

"Frustratedfemale26" wrote:

I have been set a mission to create a bar chart, that also has a trendline
and cumulative line. How do I do this?